The CATVisor Argus is the 5th generation of Teleste’s CATVisor EMS software that is a client-server based, multi-user network management system for monitoring, controlling and configuring network elements in a cable network environment. The software supports all Teleste’s headend and HFC products as well as any third-party products supporting HMS and SNMP.
As new network products and analysers are able to produce huge amounts of data, the CATVisor Argus makes it possible to monitor and manage the data to make the best system level decisions. The software allows the user to stay on top of what is happening in the entire HFC network and react to problems even before they occur. Working especially well together with Teleste’s intelligent HFC products, the software is designed to support advanced functionalities such as preventive maintenance and diagnostics.
Compared to the previous versions of the CATVisor EMS, Argus features a totally redesigned server application. This allows fast and reliable development, a versatile and efficient database and modern APIs for easy integration with other management systems.
• Management of all Teleste’s legacy HFC products
• Management of 3rd party products over HMS/SNMP
• Highly efficient and reliable Apache Cassandra database
• REST HTTP API for easy integration with other management systems
• Highly configurable client UI using customisable views and workspaces
• Browser based server administration
• Prototype of CATVisor Argus Mobile – browser based client for tablets and smartphones
Seamless migration from EMS 4.x systems to Argus is guaranteed. To support smooth transition for the existing EMS 4.x users, the client application of Argus features also the same, familiar outlook and functionality.